PRIVATE PAINTING & DRAWING LESSONS / TUTORING
Learn in the studio of a professional artist: Michael B. Wilson
Lessons will be held in Michael’s studio at 144 Moody Street, Building 4 (AWA), in Waltham, MA 02453.
Lessons from building stretchers to shipping to how to talk to galleries, including color, composition, shapes & volumes, blending & brushwork, textures, pattern, mixing color, mediums & solvents, portfolio presentation, and more*.
Customize your classes. Schedule yourself for one-to-one lessons focused on a subject you want to learn. For example, color relationships, creating atmosphere, portraits or landscapes from photographs.
Private lessons are $150 for 3 hours.
Packages of 5 private lessons at 3 hours each: $500
Small group Classes limited to 3 students at a time, 3 hrs once a week: $75 for one lesson, $350 per student for 5 lessons.
Schedule a two – three hour lesson any day of the week, or multiple lessons on a regular basis. Preferred class times are mornings, Monday – Saturday. Evening classes are available upon request. Course schedule will be customized to accommodate individual schedules as much as possible.
Materials & Techniques:
- Brushwork: dry-brush vs. wet-on-wet, descriptive mark-making,
- Palette-knife painting
- Glazes and washes: How to use painting mediums
- The basics: shape and form, line, value, composition, color wheel
- How to mix colors
- How to create textures and patterns
- Abstraction (How Things Feel, not How they Look)
- How to paint from photos & Photoshop
- How to paint landscapes outdoors
- Sketching in the real world
- Your idea goes here:______________